Sunday, April 29, 2012

Bake Sale Fundrasing for the Japanese - Part 1

Back in March, my Education class did a fundraising for the Japanese. Well, it was actually for a "Service Learning" project that I had to do for my education class. But I wanted to do something difference and beyond my community. So I decided to make a difference for my second home town - Japan.

I was pretty nervous since, after all, this was my first time setting up and organizing a fundraising. At first, all I wanted to do was set up a fundraising and send the money to Japan. (With this I was able to convince myself that I have actually “helped” Japan.) However, after much discussion with my education class, I have decided to go beyond what I have original planned - set up the bake sale fundraising and collect new stationery hence sending stationery gift sets to children in Japan. This fundraising has brought me a new life experience, gained interpersonal skills, and organizational skills. ^^


Bake Sale

Our Table & baked goods

Bake Sale

Bake Sale

Our Posters

This service learning was a great experience that helped further and benefit me in my life. After taking part in this service learning activity I’ve grown to really enjoy volunteering to help others. I felt that service learning could really change a person life and help me see different aspects of life by helping out other for common good.First and for most, I am blessed to have a group of wonderful friends who made this bake sale a success. They volunteer by setting up the tables at school and spreading the news via Facebook & twitter.


Bake Sale

Some of the package baked goods we sold



Bake Sale

CUPCAKES!!!!

Bake Sale

More CUPCAKES!!!

Bake Sale

Brownies

Bake Sale

Green Tea Butterscotch Cookie (made by me!)

Bake Sale

Butterscotch Cookie (made by me!)

Bake Sale

Raspberry Coconut cookies (made by me!)

Bake Sale

In the end, we fund-raised a total of $661 for the Japanese! Isn’t it amazing what one can do to make a difference?

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~Edward Everett Hale

Spread the LOVE,
Kaoru

No comments:

Post a Comment